If there is one thing that comes to mind for most people when fall comes around – it’s PUMPKIN! Pumpkin spice lattes, candles, donuts… even pumpkin pies. The pumpkin craze seems to come and go so quickly these days and leaves us all impatiently waiting until the next year when it starts all over again. So how do your friends at BN Realty make sure that we get our pumpkin fix in? We try to plan as many visits to our local pumpkin patches and apple orchards as possible with our families! We want to share some of our favorites with you.
1. Rader Family Farms: located at 1312 Ropp Rd, Normal IL. This is one that most of our readers have probably heard of. Not only can you pick your own pumpkins, but you can explore the corn maze, visit the Barnyard Ball Throw, slide down the Cattle Shoot, practice roping a steer, jump on a gigantic pillow, and visit their petting zoo.
2. Ackerman Family Farm: located at 27158 US Hwy 150, Morton IL. You can find over 160 varieties pumpkins and squash, beautiful mums, corn stalks, straw bales, and more. We love that the gift shop is full of specialty popcorn, jams and salsa! Don’t forget to make sure to visit the petting zoo and corn maze while you’re here.
3. Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch: located at 3902 S. Duncan Rd, Champaign IL. They are known for their “U-Pick Apples” that include Empire, Golden Delicious and Ozark Gold. Don’t worry, you can pick your own pumpkins too! Admission is free and includes a playground and petting zoo. Tickets can be bought for the obstacle course, rope and corn mazes, putt-putt golf, giant slide and pony rides.
4. Gail’s Pumpkin Patch: located at 1709 2000th Avenue, Beason IL. This is a 4th generation pumpkin patch that has many activities to offer! Aside from pumpkin and gourd picking, you can visit the popcorn wagon, pet the farm animals, navigate the tunnel maze, go on a Barrel Train ride, and play many games like gourd bowling, rope the bull, potato sack jump, and spinner gourds.
5. Wagon Wheel Pumpkin Farm: located at 16578 Airport Road, Clinton IL. The corn maze, Hay Mountain, corn bin, petting zoo, and hayrides are some of the favorite activities here. We recommend playing a game of Pumpkin Tac Tac Toe while you’re here!
Whether you want to stay in town and visit Rader Family Farms or take a day trip over to Morton or Champaign, there is no shortage of pumpkin anything around us! So grab your family, make sure you take a camera on your visit, and make some fall memories this year!