GIVE BACK!!! Here are 5 of our favorite places to give back in the Bloomington/Normal Community!!
Thanksgiving Day is finally upon us! Whether its faith, family, or friends, most of us have something that we are thankful to have. The holiday season is a perfect time of year to spread some cheer and help give others something to be grateful for. At BN Realty we like to give back to the community of Bloomington-Normal and promote charity. We hope that if you have the opportunity to give back yourself, that this list will help you decide where to donate your food, money, resources or time!
1. The Midwest Food Bank is a faith based organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and poverty by gathering and distributing food donations to not-for-profits and disaster sites without cost to the recipients. It is located at 1703 S. Veteran’s Pkwy in Bloomington and their phone number is (309) 663-5350. You can donate food, money or your time to the food bank.
2. The Salvation Army is located at 611 W. Washington St in Bloomington. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. Donations of money, volunteer work, automobiles and various goods are accepted. The Bloomington location can be reached at (309) 829-9476.
3. Home Sweet Home Ministries is a homeless shelter located at 303 E. Oakland Avenue in Bloomington. Their phone number is (309) 828-7356. The ministry has been serving the homeless and hungry with Christ’s love in Bloomington since 1917. They provide case management, support services such as shelter, hot meals, clothing and toiletries, and children’s programs. You can donate your money, time and food to the ministry. They have already collected over 2,000 turkeys this year!
4. Baby Fold’s administration office can be found at 108 E. Willow St in Normal. It is a non-profit organization that accepts household items, money and volunteer time. They serve over 1,000 children and families in 26 counties. They can be reached at (309) 454-1770.
5. The Center for Hope Food Pantry’s motto is “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost!” For more information please contact them at 1308 E. Empire in Bloomington and call them at (309) 808-3742. They have several different volunteer positions that they are always looking to fill.
We hope you find this list helpful in deciding if you are able to donate this Thanksgiving season. We ask that you contact each organization with specific questions!
Bryan Dillow, Sean Caldwell, Laura Thompson, Anna Peterson, Rich Southwood, Chad Milliken and the rest of the BN Realty Team want to take this time to recognize you and thank our loyal clients for your business. We truly appreciate you and look forward to helping serve your real estate needs in the future! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!